Thursday, October 14, 2004

The scribbles of the cheese

Today is thursday. In 4 days, I'll be in the hospital. Don't worry, i'm not having some kind of pre-suicidal lucidity, nor am i clairvoyant or bonkers or anything. I'm just going for a simple operation to reattach a ligament in my right ankle, apparently by replacing part of it with slices of my tendon. Well. The recovery will probably take a couple of months of medical leave. Which i'll be largely immobile and constrained to the limits of my home.

Or possible the limits of the third floor, if not my room.

Hence i'm trying to find things, and ways, to curb my expected boredom. Maybe keep my life mildly fruitful.

I'm hoping this blog can help me achieve that.. Curb my boredom, at any rate. Hopefully having a place where I can write about anything that strikes my fancy (hopefully deep, thought provoking things, like the deteriorating quality of jack & jill potato chips) will keep my mind active and put me in good stead for university.

Haha, whatever. I'll start writing nearer the operation date.

Mental note. Things to write about when i have the inclination to:
- Why "the cheese"
- The significance of the willow branch
- Songwriting
- Clubbing
- Singapore Idol

And i'm really going to have to do up the layout and look of the blog. I'm expecting to have lots of time soon, so, that'll be good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home