Monday, March 24, 2008

Exams over, holidays here

Holidays are here, and are perfect as always, though never as long as can be hoped for. Setting aside time to do absolutely nothing, of course. Anyway, veal marrow is Anthony Bourdain's favourite dish, and its pretty good! Ridiculously decadent, though. Not for everyday eating, thats for sure. (Actually did this before the exams, but well =p)


Watch out for mouldy Toblerones! Scary. Jo and I ate a few and had upset stomachs after.


My hydroponic set! I was planning to grow herbs, but was dissuaded by the farmer-fella. He recommended I try hydroponics, and since I've always been semi-interested in agrotechnology, I thought I'd give it a shot. Pretty interesting. Could've bought lots if herbs for the cost though, as Joanne pointed out. Oh and she got a pot of mint. Haha.


A flying crane at One Tree Hill. At Penang Hawker's buffet at York Hotel. Pretty good, cheaper than taking a trip up to Penang.



Joanne's brother's dog, Snuffles. A tiny dog-shaped package of joyeous hyperactivity. Note to self: Do not visit dogs after manhandling and marinating meat the whole day. (For the boeuf bourguignon as seen below, and also for stock for french onion soup)



Dinner with my family and my sister's friends. Thats a fork-tender, steamed then deep-fried duck, to be eaten with springroll skins and cucumber and shallots a la peking duck. Pretty good =)

Louis and Ben playing Wii at my place, after a brilliant dinner at Bedok South hawker centre. Good fun! 11 years and counting of good conversation, gaming, friendship.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 am, March 24, 2008, Blogger louist said...

i'm a blardee blur!

did you have any good photos/videos on that phone of yours? send me if have leh =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home