Thursday, October 21, 2004

Back home again

Had my operation 2 days ago.

In a fit of homesickness (after just ONE day in hospital) i decided i want to come home. So yesterday, i did. And now i'm cursing myself for my stupidity. Cos i should've stayed in there a bit more till my leg hurts less.

Yes, it hurts like mad now and i don't care if i'm whining, cos it does. If i had stayed in hospital i could be enjoying the nice effects of a morphine shot.

On top of that, its kinda silly to say that i was warded for one day in hospital, so please give me 4 months mc so i can ord right now. Haha.

Anyway. Staying in the hospital was pretty nice. Food sucked, but it was comfortable. And its nice to have so many people taking care of you. Also helps that some of them were cute NYP nursing students.

i would write more now, except i really need to lie down and rest my foot.

Ouch.

K... this is whats done to my leg, copied from the operation report.

Description:
Right Ankle Chrisman-Snook Operation

Post Operation Diagnosis Findings:
Right Ankle Lateral Instability involving Ankle Joint and Subtalar Joint

Operative Procedures:
-Cleaned and draped
-Extended lateral approach to the ankle
-Careful dissection preserving sural nerve and exposing peroneus brevis muscle till its insertion into 5mt base
-1/2 of P Brevis tendon harvested and freed proximally, and based on 5MT base
-This is routed through thelateral malleolus from anterior to posterior
-Then this is routed deep to the sural nerve to inserted (sic) via a bone tunnel near the peroneal tubercle
-The tenodesis is secured with ethibond sutures against its own tendon and over the ankle, at to (sic) the periosteum
-Wash
-Closure in layers
-Skin closed with prolene
-Backslab

Bottom line? One looong scar on my lower calf/foot, my foot bandaged to a huge piece of plaster, and lots of pain.

The "half of tendon harvested" bit scares me. Okay, so now i have a stronger ligament (i hope) but a weak tendon, huh?

Oh well. Anyone got any ideas for things to do in the next 2 months i'll be stuck at home?

Aside from computer, xbox and movies, that is.

I'll also be trying to write songs and improve my guitar skills.. and my mom wants to teacn me chinese calligraphy (lol).

My sister will be passing me some econs texts too, just for fun.

Hope i can put these 2 months to good use!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home