Thursday, October 28, 2004

Cleansed by the swab

Alcohol swab, that is. I just went to Bedok Polyclinic to change my dressing, cos it was really getting messy. You see, when I get itchy i tend to scratch.. Natural reaction, what? So i kinda pushed the bandages all over the place.

So, my parents decided to take me to change my dressings while they're still in Singapore. They'll be flying off to China early Saturday morning for a holiday, planned for before my operation.

After removing the bandages, the nurse was shocked at all the blood. Turns out that all the pain i've been feeling (and the itchiness for that matter) was due to some of my stitches bursting open or ripping out (don't ask me how, I just know it hurts). So she got two other nurses to come help her.

Kinda nice to have three nurses pampering you.. lol.

Actually all they did was clean up my surgery site with its long unpretty cut, get out all the blood, and bandage it back. Didn't hurt that much either, except when i had a square patch of leg hair ripped out by some tape.


Yea, yea, I realise it doesn't look any different. But it feels different, alright? Jeez.

I'm getting the rest of the stitches out on monday. But for now, my leg feels pretty nice and clean.

I wonder if I can keep the thread. You know, as a kind of a sick but cool souvenior. Lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home