Thursday, October 28, 2004

Tristen and Tammy!

I've got the cutest nephew and niece.



They came in to stop me from completing my dinner in peace.. haha. Anyone know what the Uno Madness (By Mattel!) board is? It basically has this timer dial, and when the timer runs down, the board pops out. So my adorable nephew thinks, "Wow! Its just like a jack-in-the-box!" So he promptly decides to scare me with it.

So Tristen and Tammy come up to me with completely innocent looks on their faces, asking me sweetly to look at the board. (The Uno Madness (By Mattel!) belongs to me, by the way.) So I do, completely knowing what to expect but of course not spoiling it for the kids.

The timer counts down.

And down.

And down.

And down. (By now I realised that Tristen wound the timer up all the way and i'm in for a looooooooooooooooooong wait.)

Many many "and down"s later..

POP!!!

I jump and cry out in feigned horror (okay, more like jerk, can't exactly jump with one leg) as the kids cackle in delight. I pretend to have a heart attack and slump in my chair.

As Tristen goes back to winding the timer back ALL THE WAY, Tammy pokes me. I'm still playing dead, so I don't respond. She screams out at me. I don't respond. She shakes my uninjured leg (they're smart enough to be careful with my cast) and continues yelling in my ear. I still don't respond. She comes right beside my face (my eyes are open in a corpse-like manner) and yells really, really, really, really, really loudly in my ear the way only a 3 year old can. This takes a massive amount of self-control, but I took the pain from my sensitive musician ears, and, still, didn't respond.

So what does my beloved niece, the sweet Tammy, do? She grabs an Uno Madness (By Mattel!) hard plastic tile rack, and thwacks me down under.

ARGHIYYOWTCHIHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch. Not pleasant. The Uno Madness (By Mattel!) set doesn't come with a warning saying "Do not use Uno Madness (By Mattel!) tile racks to hit privates or extreme pain will result". But it should.

I still love them, of course, but no more playing dead for Uncle JD.

Anyway, its Singapore Idol time! Oooh, big band! My absolute favourite type of music. I'm going to enjoy this show tonight.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home