Monday, November 22, 2004

Nox

All this staying at home is completely murdering my biological clock. The fact that I never do anything really physically or mentally taxing, means that when bed time comes, I'm usually not tired. So i end up sleeping later. And later. And later.

Which explains why its 3.20am right now and i can't bloody get to sleep. I should be sleeping, in fact, cos I've got a doctor's appointment tmr at 10.20am at the National Skin Centre and I'm leaving the house at 8.15am. And yes I realise that I'll be arriving at the Skin Centre wayyyy too early. Long story.

So I predict reaching home tomorrow maybe around 11, having lunch and then conking out. Wake up around dinner time, have dinner, then do whatever I usually do when I bum around at home. And end up sleeping at 3am again.

At this rate, by the time my MC ends and I return to camp, I'll be falling asleep at reville and waking up at book-out timing. Ahh well.

I have to try and keep normal hours. Have to.

Although I'm putting this time to good use, in a way. I listen to music, write songs, do all kinds of stuff in the quiet of the night that I can't in the turmult of the day. Its peaceful at night. The day's great for playing X-box, watching DVDs, playing my electric guitar, cos adding your own noise to the background noise makes the house seem livelier. Ahh, but at night, when everyones asleep but you.. This zen-like serenity puts you in a state of mind that you can't possibly attain in the day.

Creativity is born in the night.

Too bad I don't have decent mics or pre-amps or an acoustic guitar for that matter.. Or I could be recording songs right now.

Meanwhile, I'm completely hooked on The O.C.. Its an incredible show! Fantastic script, great acting, witty dialogue, brilliant music, outstanding costume design.. Wow! I've never been hooked on a show like that.

TV shows I've watched and loved.. First was Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Don't know if anyone else watched it, but it was my favourite show for the longest time. I'm talking about taping it every school day (it played at 3pm on channel 5 as i recall) and watching it religiously once I get home.

And there was Friends. Everyone loves Friends. Don't really need to elaborate, do I?

Then, I was hooked on Sabrina. You know, Melissa Joan Hart as the cute teenage witch from Archie comics? I'm a huge Archie Comics fan, as most of you should know. And its quite a kick watching the show and seeing the comic come to life (albeit somewhat inconsistently). Did you know that Sabrina actually went on to SEVEN seasons in the US? Thats right, SEVEN. Crazy. From Sabrina's high school days to college to graduation to nearly getting married but riding off in the sunset (I read TVtome) instead. Archie Comic's Sabrina remains perpetually 16, of course. As do the whole gang.

Sidetrack. I remember reaching my 16 birthday and thinking that I was the same age as Archie and the gang. And feeling like a dismal failure for totally not getting the action that Archie was getting at 16. Haha. At least the O.C. kids are 17. Which was about the age that things started getting more interesting for me too. Perils of co-ed schooling, in a way.

Anyway. Theres a Sabrina the Teenage Witch movie coming out in 2006! Cool beans. Sabrina will be played by the ever-gorgeous Sarah Michelle Gellar, her nemesis Libby is the voluptious Jennifer Love Hewitt, and with The O.C.'s own Adam Brody as Sabrina's boyfriend, Harvey! Not to mention hotties Mena Suvari and Lindsay Lohan as Sabrina's cousins, ex-hotties Kirstie Alley and Raquel Welch as Sabrina's aunts, and funny man Bill Murray as Salem, Sabrina's cat. Do I sound excited? Thats cos I am! Haha. Can't wait!

Well. After that, at around the same time, was Ed and Scrubs and Smallville and CSI. It was around this time however that I started getting damn sick of watching TV (finally) so in the end I only followed Scrubs. Which is currently in its fourth season. And channel 5 didn't even bring in the second season. Bloody hell. I suppose I'm waiting for the DVD.

Wonder if I should consider getting the Smallville or Friends DVDs. I find its best to get DVDs of well-performed comedies or dramas actually. Cos the re-watching value would be there. I mean, theres no point watching a show like CSI twice cos you already know the twists, right? I suppose Smallville is out too, then.

Oh and these are just the English shows. I occasionally enjoy cartoons too, and some HK TVB serials. No taiwanese crap for me though. Meteor Garden? Pardon me while I barf.

Wow, I'm becoming a bit of a couch potato, aren't I? Or at least I sound like one. In actual fact before my operation I hadn't actually really watched TV for over a year.

And theres never actually been any show aside from the O.C. that I'm so enthusiastic about. Maybe its because the girls look good. More on the O.C. when I'm in the mood.

Wish I discovered the OC after it ended though. Then I can buy it all and watch it in one sitting.. Haha. Aside from advertisements, this having to wait for the next episode is what I hate most about TV. Oh well. Patience, young padawan.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 pm, November 22, 2004, Blogger louist said...

...and I return to camp, I'll be falling asleep at reville and waking up at book-out timing.sounds like a good thing to me! =P

anyway. smallville sucked. it was like, random kryptonite-mutated adversary every week. i stopped at the second season, so maybe it improved later, but i really found it a lousy show. bleah.

 
At 12:54 am, November 26, 2004, Blogger Đirestraits said...

dude.. you just killed smallville for me, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home