Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Next stage of recovery

The cast is off. Actually it came off yesterday, but I was having problems with blogger so no new entry. Well, the leg feels considerably more unstable without the cast supporting, understandably. So I guess the recovery is not as good as I imagined!

Not to mention that after being in a cast for about 7 weeks, my right foot, especially the surgical site, looks like its decomposing. Its disgusting. I'd put on some photos of it I took, except that looking at them made me feel sick. And its -my- leg. So in the interest of the more delicate friends of mine, no photos! Just some vibrant imagery: Cracking skin sloughing off, congealed blood lining the scar, dried pus caked around, dark patches from bleeding within the cast.

Tasty! Whats for dinner?

Anyway I'm looking forward to mobility again! Looking forward to seeing the outside world for substantial periods of time!! (i.e. more than 2 hours, preferably not hospitals.)

Do hospitals make you feel sick? They sure make me feel kind of sick, as in ill. I think its some kind of mild hypochondria brought on by empathy. Like when I went to the diabetic centre at CGH to pick up an ankle brace (their podiatry centre is located within the diabetic centre). As I sat waiting for the nurse, surrounded by diabetics (whom i felt extremely bad for), I could've sworn my pancreas start going haywire (touch wood).

Its like Jack Nicholson in the film "One flew over the cuckoo's nest". Staying in a mental hospital, even if you're perfectly sane, can probably make you go cuckoo.

Anyway, I'll be purchasing some Live Strong wristbands from the Lance Armstrong Foundation. They go for USD$1 each, in packs of ten. I intend to order one pack, but the shipping cost is USD$11.50 for a few packs, I'm not sure exactly how many. I feel kind of silly paying USD$11.50 for USD$10 worth of charity. So if anyone else wants to order some Live Strong armbands soon (and I mean really soon, I'm not a patient guy) please tell me immediately, preferably by phone, so we can place the order together. Of course, I'll be glad to pay the full shipping charge. I just don't want to feel like I'm lining the coffers of our postal service more than I'm donating to charity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home