Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Home Recording Studio!

I'm pretty excited. Well, as excited as a guy whos basically permanently cooped up in his room can get. Cos soon I'll be well on my way to being able to record music at home!

I just bought a nice professional quality mic and a mic stand with a boom arm. And I've already ordered a nice new Creative Audigy soundcard that has 1/4" mic and line-in inputs, not to mention midi inputs if i'm ever so inclined. Coupled with my multi-track recording software, and onboard amplifier simulators, I'll be all set!

If only I had an electronic drum kit, a Line6 POD, and a bass and Bass POD, then it'll be perfect.

Anyway thats still years away.

I've been wondering what to do after I ORD.. during the few months break from march when I clear leave till august when I go NUH and embark on my new life of staring at mouths. Of course, I need to get a job. I expect I'll sit-in a bit at my sister-in-law's clinic for awhile.. But thats not gonna be paying, so.

Lets see. I used to sell shoes, but I think the company I worked for has folded or something. Did a bit of interning here and there, mostly medical related crap. Used to teach guitar to little kids. Did a bit of buying and selling of guitars online too. I suppose thats it.

Maybe I'll get a waiter type job just for the kicks. And my friend says he can get me a job at some clubs as a waiter or a bouncer, with possible promotion to bartender. Haha. Interesting.

And quite a few of my friends seem to be starting their own businesses.. Which is quite impressive I think. Good for your future CV too, or at least just for the experience. Maybe I'll think about something like that.. I still have all those offers on selling wands.. haha.

Or maybe if I practise like mad I could make money off guitar again! Teaching basic to intermediate electric guitar (I can't teach classical guitar cos I don't have a cert. And besides, I'm rusty) or pop strumming. Or maybe working in a guitar shop part time. Or playing at pubs. Haha. Or maybe when my home recording studio is up I'll record songs and post them on the net and get discovered by some record company and get signed to their label and become rich and famous and idolised, just like that Ocean fella.

Yeah right, heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home