Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Ruminating

Today, I spent more time than usual thinking. I'm talking about really sitting down and just thinking things through.. Mostly things I've rush-thought through before but never properly considered. So I thought. And thought. Kinda like a cow chewing on cud. Thats when I decided that my brain has officially turned into mush.

Its not moving! My brain is not functioning. The cogs are stuck, the wheels are jammed, the enzymes digested. When I try and think, I feel like theres this big mechanical arm in my head swinging *bonk bonk bonk* repeatedly against a pillar.

See what happens when you don't use something for too long? Can't even properly control what I think about now.

In fact, my brain is currently still fixated on the word "mush" i used at the end of the first paragraph. I keep having flashes of ice floes and billowing snow and fur-wrapped eskimos racing in dog sleighs.

Reading a lot is one thing. Trying to get my head to process what I've read is another. Constant struggle. At this read I'm going to be slaughtered in university.

I just got a new TV. Swapped my old 21-inch TV for a new 21-inch TV. Which is bigger and heavier. Funny I kinda thought the way technology progresses would make the electronics in TV's smaller, so you can have a smaller lighter TV, even though its just CRT.

I suppose right now if I asked Toshiba they'd say something about how its bigger cos the quality is better brighter richer sweeter sinful like Godiva's chocolates. Well, whatever. I mean, the bloody thing has games in it. Like jackpot and moles and crap. I'm sure I'm going to sit in front of the TV for hours every day playing TV-jackpot when I have a perfectly good and gorgeous Xbox sitting right beneath the TV.

Oh damn. Now, my brain is stuck on hash. Mush reminded me of mash, as in mashed potatos. Which in turn reminded me of hash, which is yummy and i very much like to eat. Which I saw being cooked on the Surreal Gourmet yesterday. Hash. Hash. Hash. Its like a bloody cracked record in my head.

Mmm I'd really like some hash now. Where can I find good hash? I'm lazy to cook. (Yeah i know its easy to cook. But I'm lazy.)

Anyway. One of the things I was trying to think about today was, whats the benefits of studying overseas? I'm talking about the intangible benefits, aside from a possibly better education and a more flamboyantly titled degree.

Lets see. You get to experience a foreign culture. Thats got to be a big plus, I suppose. The whole broadening your outlook thing.

Okay I'm stuck. My brain just keeps screaming "Hash! Hash! Hashhashashashhashashash!!!"

Contributions, anyone?

1 Comments:

At 10:55 pm, December 15, 2004, Blogger louist said...

if in europe... cheap holidays! haha. seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home