Saturday, June 18, 2005

Perth Photoblog 4: Explorations (Updated)

Wah lau time passes damn first here man. I'm like completely behind in all the things I wanted to do.. And now Lester will be arriving on monday and it'll be back to doing guy stuff, i.e. no exercising of brain matter. Ahh well.

Anyway.. this last photoblog of my first two weeks here (or as Louis pointed out, mainly first week, cos I have practically no photos from the second week) is of Perth and Fremantle la. We actually did some touristy things! Haha.



This is Perth, I think. All these shots are from Lewis' camera, by the way. In fact, most all the photos in all the blogs are from his camera. I don't like taking photos/being photographed much la, but evidently Lewis does. Haha. So yea thanks man.



Some artsy shot he took.



Another one. I think he mentioned he liked taking pictures of places he visits. Like architecture and stuff. I suppose that makes sense. Me, I like taking pictures of good food! Or cute chicks. But thats another story.



I like this shot! This was the hotel where the three of us (together with other guys from RI Guitar) stayed in.. 2000, I think. It was a CCA trip.. and it was where we got addicted to Domino's Pizza. Haha. Good memories, there.

Edit: Look what Louis found!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The old photo from the school trip! Can compare that with the current photo! Haha. Look at then chubby me with funny short hair and shades and compare with current chubby me with funny long hair and no shades. People do change with time, huh.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Another shot, but with JM too. Lewis didn't come on this trip, btw. We were guitar, he was NCC. That brother too garang la.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Proof that we got addicted to Domino's on that fateful 2000 trip.. haha!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Of course, we weren't as well trained then la. Look at JM, having trouble with a few slices of pizza. Compared to how much we consume now.



I don't like this shot. But this is the only one of two photos I have of Fremantle town.



This is the other one. Well, whatever la huh.

Edit: Another nostalgia photo courtesy of Louis!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We took more photos in Fremantle in 2000, for some reason. Maybe young kids more phototriggerhappy.



Fremantle is famous for its fish and chips! Me, I don't really like fish and chips -that- much.. I think its cos its too oily. But we ate at the supposedly best place, Cicerellos. We forgot to take pictures before the meal la (Guys eat first think later) so yea theres only some fish and chip remnants on the table. I must state though, that I really think fish and chips tastes better on paper. Though the oil-stained paper makes me feel sick.



So after the big meal, we decided to go climb rocks. Fremantle has these really long rock outcrops.. Breakwaters, I think, to create artificial bays.. Marinas to hold all the rich men's playthings. Louis saw a topless woman sunbathing on a yacht the last time we were here. He didn't this time, and was very disappointed. If you could look really close you'd see the tears in his eyes when he realised no boobies for him that day.



(Thats for being a lazy ass and linking to my blog, LT.)



Anyway it was pretty fun la, except for the fact that I was wearing really thin soled shoes, not realising that we were gonna go climbing rocks again. And my $300 spectacles kept threatening to fall off. Oh we saw a sea lion. Or a seal. Or a dugong or something.



Finally reached the end after.. I dunno, 15 minutes? Haha. Good fun though. And about the only time in the trip where we actually all sweated like hell. Damn hot, man.

Edit: One last blast from the past!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

See? Proof that we climbed it the first time, and that we were actually dumb enough to do it again! Haha. JM didn't change though. Looks the same, just bigger. Strange.

Okay thats it! End of the photoblogs. Phew. Nice thing about photoblogging though is that it doesn't involve much thinking.. Just regurgitation. Like history in secondary school! Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home