Thursday, December 23, 2004

A dash of melancholy @ Christmas

Something about the holidays tends to bring me down.

Part of it is slight unease and celebrating a foreign holiday that basically has nothing to do with my race, religion or culture.

Part of it is stress, from having to buy presents, from the crowds clogging every shopping mall, from having to buy presents with crowds clogging every shopping mall..

And I suppose when everyone is all so happy and chumming with loves, friends and family, it just kind of especially sucks to feel alone.

Holidays are the loneliest times.

On the flipside though, I do enjoy christmas. The whole spirit of giving thing is, i think, very commendable.

Although I tell you sometimes its damn hard to try and be giving and generous when you're not really appreciated and taken for granted.

And I like christmas carols. They make me happy. All so chirpy and lighthearted. Its like believing that there will be a rainbow when the sun rises tomorrow.

On a side note, Mambo night @ zouk sucks. The crowd is insane. Do not go there if you value life, limb, or sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home