Friday, February 18, 2005

Weird ramblings past

Sorry about the long weird winding entry last night.. haha. I realise most of what I wrote was crap!

But I think I knew that while I was writing it lol.

Watching news now.

Hahahaha cigarettes are getting even more expensive! 20% up! Lol hear that, all ye smokers? Quit smoking now! Smoking is bad for you.

If you puff, bugger off.

Wouldn't it be excellent to go pubbing/clubbing, and be able to go home not reeking of smoke? Just alcohol. Haha.

Oh anyway. I don't actually really mind when people don't comment in my blog la. Haha I was just feeling grumpy.

Though just for your information.. theres no need to have a blogspot account to comment in my blog la. You can just leave your name, actually. Or use "anonymous".

Mmm anyway I went to the temple this morning.

All of you who are the same age as me (most of you I think), in case you don't know, this year we are fan4 tai4 sui4. Basically it just means this year we may have pretty bad luck. So yea if you're buddhist/taoist, you should go to your temple and pray and that kinda thing. Thats all.

I was reading a magazine just now. It had some pretty interesting trivia.

"The Chinese Valentine's Day is celebrated on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month in the Chinese calendar. It commemorates the love between the Emperor of Heaven's seventh daughter and an orphaned cowherd. The lovers were seperated by the Emperor, and only allowed to meet on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month. Traditionally, people in love or those who are single will visit the temple on that day to pray for love and marriage."

Lol thats my chinese birthday, btw. Qi1 yue4 chi1 qi1. See, I'm fated to be a romantic guy. Haha. I just hope that doesn't mean I'm fated to be unlucky in love.

"Wearing a wedding ring on the left fourth finger dates back to ancient Egypt, where it was believed that the vein of love ran from this finger directly to the heart."

I can just imagine jealous ancient egyptians attempting to chop of the left fourth fingers of their love rivals.

"Emperor Claudius II, ruler of Rome in the 3rd century, outlawed marriage so young men would serve the army without distraction. A Roman priest named Valentine saw the injustice and performed marriages in secret. He was caught and sentenced to death. While in prison, he fell in love with the daughter of his persecutor and wrote her a letter signing off 'From your Valentine'. HE was beheaded on Feb 14, 270 AD and St. Valentine's Day was declared in 498 AD in his memory."

Thats pretty cool, isn't it? Haha. Though I didn't know priests were allowed to fall in love. But I'm not Catholic la.

Alright I'm getting sleepy. Met Yingmin today and she said my eyebags are bad. So yup, I shall try to sleep more. Lol.

Although she also attempted to get me to pluck my eyebrows at Jean Yip, but thats not gonna happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home