Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I can cook?!!?

I don't often cook at home. I mean, I can cook, but I don't. After all, I have a dad who is an amazing cook, a mom who is a proficient cook, and a maid who cooks when the parents are feeling lazy. On top of that, my brother is a decent western-style cook, skills honed while studying in Scotland, and my sister is a decent gourmet cook (foie gras or escargot, anyone?).

SO. In this household, I don't often get a chance to cook. And besides, since my skills are likely to be overshadowed, I don't usually want to either. So I tend to concentrate on culinary niches like baking, sushi-making, or setting the table.


(This is the only picture I have from all my culinary dabbling. If I remember correctly its a Limoncello Apple Cake. Made it for an ex-girlfriend. I realise it doesn't look that good la but aiyah its the only picture I have and I'm probably better now. Ask my family! I baked them cookies for Christmas. Oh My God I baked my family cookies for Christmas! I'm a faggot. *buries head in shame*)

Anyway! Sometimes situations do arise where I need to cook. And its fun! Cos I like cooking. Like when I go to my sister's condo to stay, and its basically a case of "cook, maggi mee, or starve". Or like lunchtimes, where apparently everyone has somewhere to go but me. So, I cook.

And man, I'm always very shocked when what comes out is actually, not just edible, but GOOD.

*gasp*

Yes, GOOD. Be it fried rice or stewed chicken or herb mushroom omelettes or rosti or vegetable soup. I can cook! And it never ceases to amaze me.

I hope I never ever end up in the situation where I'll need to cook for myself very often, so this sense of self wonderment will never end.

On another note.

I just picked up a pair of rusty old pliers. Took down my beloved black les paul-copy from my wall. (I call her my gothic beauty.) Lay her on my bed. And cut all her strings.

"Oh no, JD cutting his guitar strings?? Is JD giving up the music??? Will we ever hear his soulful playing again???? What brought him to this????? Unrequited love?????? Financial bankruptcy???????? Infestation of ferrets in his wardrobe????????? WHY??????????"

Don't get excited la, just changing my guitar strings.

=P

Anyway I'm seriously considering getting a phone with a decent camera. So that I can take decent photos quickly and painlessly in most situations la.

For example, I could have posted a play by play for that whole guitar string snipping thing.

I could take pictures of the things I cook.

Hell, I could take pictures of all the hot chicks who hit on me when I'm walking along the streets (I wish).

Yea I realise I can get a digicam too but aiyah lazy la. Who wants to carry a digicam around all the time? Handphone cameras are the new digital cameras, dude.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 pm, February 02, 2005, Blogger louist said...

how come no hot chick picture this time round? =P

and u're not online! i'm amazed. ahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home