Thursday, January 20, 2005

No woman, no cry

I just realised to my horror that a song i wrote has the exact same chords and tempo as Bob Marley's reggae classic "No Woman, No Cry". Sigh. The C G Am F progression. Haha well. Maybe I should start learning reggae..

Anyway, today was the first time I read the lyrics of "No Woman, No Cry". Some stupidass told me years ago it was about being strong when alone. Bullshit. Its Bob Marley telling his woman not to cry. Its about poverty, slavery and oppression.

So I shan't taint the song by writing a crap song with the same chords.. I never really was that good at songwriting anyway =)

Well. That picture of Elle Macpherson is really turning my stomach urgh. I mean no offense to her but I suppose I'm just not really the angmoh loving type. At least not the tall blond strapping nordic-aryan standard of beauty.

The pic with Lindsey Lohan is cool though. I mean, the Squier Stratocaster isn't exactly the most beautiful guitar on earth, but its pretty good.

This, however, is better:


Les Paul Classic Bullion Gold *droools*

Alright sorry mopping up my saliva now. Well uhh.

Yea okay so uhh. Continuing the Flesh Fest! Yes. Well.

Presenting Samaire Armstrong!!!


Samaire Armstrong looking sassy

You know, Anna Stern from the OC? The Anna Stern character is now officially the dream girl of many of my friends. Haha. Especially that pink beret outfit! Disgustingly cute, but she pulled it off haha.

Well actually, ang mohs in general don't really do it for me. I'm more traditional, I guess. Prefer asian looks.

Eurasians get the best of both worlds though. Like Debbie Wong. Not really fair, is it?

Anyway heres a picture of Go So Young. A korean actress, I think. Not sure, really. A friend sent me the picture in secondary school as an example of a 仙女下凡. (If I got the chinese wrong, I apologise. Too long never use la, rusty liao)


Go So Young looking sweet and demure and not looking at the camera

See? And its just a picture of the face! No bod! Haha now wheres that silly girl who says I only look at hot bods and T&A and ignore the face? That was for you! Yes, you! The america dwelling one!

And since we're on the subject of pretty koreans.. Fine don't make a fuss. Now we are on the subject of pretty koreans.

Heres Jeon Ji Hyun (i think theres a hyphen somewhere in the name, can't really tell with these korean names)!


My Sassy Girl looking sweet and demure and also not looking at the camera


Jeon Ji-Hyun looking not-so-sweet and not-so-demure but sitll not looking at the camera

Hmm.

Whats it with not looking at the camera anyway?

Remember those portrait pictures all the rage in the mid 1990s? Where the people all gaze in awe at some faraway object? Weird, man.

One day if i'm bored enough I'll collect lots of those photos of people gazing off-picture, stick them together, and make them gaze in awe at a gorgeous picture of me.

Okay anyway.

Oh pet peeve disclosure time! I hate it when girls (especially true for girls who love to take photos, even more especially true for bananas) take photos and when they smile at the camera they insist on turning their face so the damn camera always captures their "best side".

I mean, fine, i understand you want to look good but do you realise how spastic it looks when you flip thru the photo album and all you see is the left side of your face?

And whats wrong with looking straight at the camera? Project some confidence la! Why, afraid that some potential suitor will see the photo and get turned off by, I dunno, how round your face is when not in profile? God. I mean, you look the way you look, just be natural in photos la. Its just for memory sake, anyway!

Imagine, 50 years down the road, your grandkids flipping thru the photo album, and they'll be going like "Grandma, was your neck permanently sprained? Or did you have a huge scar on the right side of your face?"

Urgh.

Okay sorry if I offended anyone. Just think its silly, thats all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home