Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I have a good memory.

I have a shit memory. So, before I enter uni, I'm embarking on "Project Memory".

I'd have a funkier name except I forgot all the synonyms of the word 'memory'.

Basically, I'm going to do lots of brainteasing puzzles. IQ, crosswords, cryptograms, whatever.

And I'm going to read more mindbroadening stuff.

And study too.

And I'll embrace the power of positive thinking to help me.

What brought this on, you may ask?

== Case 1 ==

I went to a friend's birthday party last friday. I saw this ex-RI guy there I knew, so I said hi to him.

I haven't seen him in awhile, so i decided to try and catch up.. The usuals, like what jc did you go, what uni course will you be studying etc. etc.

So. He looked at me strangely and said "I'm from RJ."

I was like, "Hey! I'm from RJ too! How come I don't remember you there? What faculty were you in?"

"Med fac. Like you."

"Oh really? How come I never saw you? What class?"

"Same as you. I was your classmate." Drum roll: *Ba da ching*

Sigh.

== Case 2 ==

And on monday night I went for supper with some other RI friends.

Once again, another RI friend I haven't seen in awhile:

"Hey, long time no see! How are you? What JC were you in?"

"RJ."

Well, I was damn sure he wasn't my classmate. And I was pretty sure he was from TJ. So i countered, "You sure not? What class? What fac?"

"The class beside yours la you freaking idiot." Drum roll: *Ba da ching*

Sigh.

So, yea.

My mind is a mush.

Time to whip it into shape! Positive thinking, positive thinking.

"JD, you have a brilliant memory! Your memory is like a super computer! You're a titan of memory! You're the Ferrari of brain power!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home