Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday Morning

Its a beautiful day! I love this country. Bright sunny weather, clear skies, and not too dry for my (delicate?) skin. The budgies in the aviary in my host's backyard are chirping non-stop! They're pretty adorable! All dressed in bright yellows, whites, greens, browns and blues. I'll post some photos when I'm back.

The wedding I came here for was yesterday! It was bloody hot (but humidity was low, so still better than back home), but the garden wedding was gorgeous! Most gorgeous backdrop, with grassy fields, a pond with ducks gliding across it, bridges and arches and flowers dotting the landscape. And the groom was handsome, bride was absolutely radiant =)

I think I'd like a garden wedding too.. haha. No dinner banquet and "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM SENG!" for me, please.

You can see a photo from the wedding here.

Many many more photos here, but its gonna take a bloody long time to load.

Y'know I realise that I like the suburbs lifestyle much more than I do the city life. I'm not really one for shopping and all that, as many of you know.. Give me a guitar, some tabs, maybe some wood and knife for whittling, and i'll go sit under a tree in a field and be happy as a peach =)

Oh by the way, I'm staying at Gary and Dolores' home right now, in Rockingham, south of Perth city. And its a gorgeous home! Loads of space. And a huge backyard (thats where the aviary is). And a room with a full audio set up, mics, amps, guitars, the works! Thats the room I'm staying in.. haha. Loads of jamming going down here, baby.

And I love the fact that cars here are so cheap, man! Gary's Ford Falcon is a big fat sedan with a 4.1L engine (v8?) and it only cost AUD$31000! That wouldn't even buy a Kia Picanto back home.

The pace of life here is much slower.. Everyone knows this, of course. But last night the whole group spent something like 4 hours shooting makeshift blowdarts through a makeshift blowpipe at balloons, and after the balloons were popped, beer cans.. Haha. Can you imagine doing that in Singapore? Everyone else would look at you and go "Siao arh, le?"

Yea well I'm seriously considering emigrating here now, maybe when i'm 30, 35 or so. I'm not really a people person, so I don't need the city life. My brother is all for the city, fast cars, high life back home, but not me.

Me, I'd be happy to go driving SUV's in the bush or dune riding at the beach with Graham, Aunty Dolores' sister's husband. He was telling me about it yesterday, and man does it sound fun! Especially since he blasts Metallica.. haha.

But these are all just idle thoughts, of course. I still have lots of life to go through. And I suppose when I get married (once I'm financially stable anyway) my priorities will change.

Right now though, I'd just dream.

All you people studying overseas, you know how lucky you are? Just to be able to experience a different kind of lifestyle for a couple of years. Ahh well.

Still NUS for me.

(Sorry, I'm rambling again. Can't really concentrate, get myself into the right mindframe to write well, or properly at least. This place seems to ooze laidbackness.)

2 Comments:

At 10:18 am, March 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude. wahh. the wedding place looks real nice. Looking good dude in that suit! hahhaa. ;] enjoy your time there...

 
At 8:17 am, March 17, 2005, Blogger Đirestraits said...

heh thanks! yea its pretty isn't it? i'll show you when i see the real wedding photos, with all the nice briars and bridges and arches and stuff! and thanks for the compliment haha but so how come i don't have any cute aussie girls dating me now? =p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home